Developing relationships with business, industry and higher education partners is critical to the success of MNCAPS. The CAPS Network model is designed to create a rich and meaningful experience for students, as well as partners. This program can be successful in any community by committing to the following:
- Profession-based Learning – Instructors develop real-world, project-based learning strategies through collaborations with business and community partners. These interactions enhance the learning experience, preparing students for college and career.
- Professional Skills Development – Unique experiences allow students to cultivate transformative professional skills such as understanding expectations, time management and other essential business values. These skill are critical to providing students a competitive advantage in their post-secondary education and professional careers.
- Self-Discovery and Exploration – Students realize their strengths and passions by exploring and experiencing potential professions. This allows them to make informed decisions about their future, while learning to exhibit leadership.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – Instructors create an environment where creative thinking and problem solving is encouraged. An innovative culture is key to fostering entrepreneurial learning and design thinking.
- Responsiveness – MNCAPS supports high-skill, high-demand careers through ongoing innovation in curriculum development, programs and services based on local business and community needs.
Click here to learn more about getting your company or organization involved with MNCAPS.
Click here for the Client Project Guide.